Welcome to Meden Medical Services
Meden Medical services, incorporating our surgeries at Warsop & Meden Vale are pleased to welcome you to our website. We are confident that it will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format.
From Monday 16th April we have a new Specialist Respiratory Nurse; Brian Rorison. He is available for appointments on Mondays at both Meden Vale and Warsop Health Centre. Please contact reception to make an appointment if you suffer from Asthma or COPD.
Extended Access to Appointments
From 01 November 2017 we will be working with some of our Local Practices, to offer additional later appointments, as well as weekend appointments.
The local Practices comprise the following: Oakwood; Bull Farm; Meden Vale; Pleasley; Sandy Lane and Warsop Surgeries.
Appointments will be available weekdays up to 20:00 in our local area, each surgery has a set day to cover and Meden Medical Services will be covering Mondays.
- Appointments will also be available on Saturday mornings (by rota) in our local area so not always at Meden Medical Services. These appointments are for non-emergencies and pre-bookable only. When appointments are not available at Meden Medical Services during these new times (18:30 till 20:00 and on Saturdays) appointments may be available at one of the other practices listed above.
- GPs, Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants appointments will be available.
- These additional appointments are for pre booking only and non-emergencies, so unlikely to be available to be booked on the same day. Nor will we be able to deal with emergencies / urgent enquiries or collection of prescriptions.
- General enquiries, emergencies/urgent appointments, booking of appointments, collecting of prescriptions will continue during our normal working hours only.
We will continue to offer some early morning appointments during the week from 7am and evening appointments during the week till 7pm, subject to availability.
Currently, there are no facilities to transfer blood samples to the hospital, during these new appointment times (from 18:30 to 20:00 and Saturdays). So unfortunately, we will not be able to offer routine blood taking, during these hours. We are working with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), to work with the hospital, so that we may be able to offer this service during our new extended hours in future.
Next Patient Participation Group Meeting Scheduled for Wednesday 11th April 3pm at Meden Vale Medical Centre.
For information on how to join the PPG please speak to reception.
The way you book your Doctors appointments is changing
Please note that from September 2016 there will be no book on the day appointments. All appointments are available to pre-book in advance.
Please start pre-booking your appointments NOW!
Have you signed up for Online Services? You can book appointments, request medication and also view your summary care record 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please bring ID to either surgery and we can set you up for this.
Any problems, please speak to a member of reception.
Have you registered for our online services yet?
Book your Doctors & Nurse appointments - new appointments available everyday.
Order your prescription - all your medication will already be listed ready for you to order.
View your summary care record.
View your detailed coded entry.
Send queries through private & confidential messages to the practice.
We only need photo ID, and it takes 5 minutes to set you up! Children can also be registered under a parent until they are 16.
Men W vaccine for freshers & older university students aged 19 to 24
If you are going to university & born between 01/09/96 & 31/08/97 please call the surgery to be put on the waiting list and you will need to provide your start date at university. For older students if you wish to have the vaccine please call the surgery and we will add you to our waiting list you will be recalled in the 2nd wave of vaccinations.
Under 16's help us to help you! Give us your opinions!
Please help us and complete this short survey for information governance patient awareness.
Officers are issuing advice to parents and guardians around the video chat app to help their children to enjoy using ooVoo safely.
Like many other sites and apps, ooVoo is used by both adults and children. This means that children can be directly contacted by an adult they don’t know, and activity may also be adult in nature.
Safer Neighbourhood officers are encouraging parents to ensure that any child 13 years-old or younger should be discouraged from such apps. They are also asking parents to set the privacy settings so that their child can only be in contact with people that they know and trust in the real world.
Other crime prevention advice for staying safe on social media and instant messaging sites include:
- Never give out passwords, credit card information or other private data;
- Block strangers. If your software allows it, set up the system so that only people on your ‘allow’ list can contact you;
- Be very wary of disclosing any private information to a stranger you meet via instant messaging. Even apparently innocent information like the name of your employer can be used against you by fraudsters;
- Never click on links that you receive through instant messaging from people that you do not know and trust, and that you have never met in real life;
- Leave your online profile blank, or where you have to enter data to use the system, enter fictitious data;
- Do not let children use instant messaging chat rooms unsupervised.
For more advice on how to keep your child safe online, visit www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents or www.getsafeonline.org
Ebola in West Africa
If you have returned from Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone or cared for someone with Ebola in the past 21 days and you have a fever or feel unwell, without touching anyone, tell a member of staff or call 111.
For more information please click on the link https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-health-england-ebola-support-and-surveillance-continues-but-risk-remains-low-in-england
01623 845694 or 01623 843521